Saturday, April 5, 2008

REJOICE!



"Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful."

Psalm 33:1



God has been teaching me lately to rejoice in Him. Sometimes I have to make a real effort to keep a joyful spirit, but that only makes it all the more sincere, right? It is easy to be joyful when everything is going perfectly. It is harder when...



  • your children are arguing or needing your attention all day long


  • your dinner burns or turns to mush in the frying pan

  • you feel like you can't bend over at all because of the huge bowling ball that your stomach has turned into, and yet you are constantly dropping things

  • you lack carefulness, and back the car into a green pole in a ditch, hence putting a hole in the bumper and pulling it down from the frame

  • you can't pick up your children for fear of causing more complications to your pregnancy

    • Yes, all of these are frustrations of mine recently. But, in the same order, I have tried to turn the frustrations into rejoicing:



      • I rejoice instead that I'm home with my children, and it's me taking care of them, and not somebody else.
      • I rejoice that we have the extra money to grab an emergency dinner at SubWay :)
      • I rejoice that the baby is still inside of me, healthy and growing, and that I have a capable three year old to pick things up

      • I rejoice that all that happened was a 'fender bender', and no harm was done to me or my unborn baby (and that I have an understanding husband who didn't even get upset)

      • I rejoice instead that the most major complications of my pregnancy are resolved, and I can look forward to a normal delivery in July. Then, I will pick my children up a million times a day!!

      You see, it is only through God's grace that I am able to rejoice in my annoying situations, instead of losing my temper or getting angry. I am finding that it is so much more relaxing and calming to:


      "Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"


      Phil 4: 4


      www. clipartheaven.com

      No comments: